What this medicine is and what it is used for: Mefenamic acid 500 mg Tablet Sepid Teb Nia ( STN)tablets contain mefenamic acid which si a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). They can help to relieve: isymptoms of in flammation, such as redness and swelling ipain and discomfort caused by arthritis, muscular or rheumatic disorders iheadache, muscle ache or toothache ipain after operations, trauma ichildbirth pain ipainful or heavy periods.
Mechanism of action / effect:
Before you take Do NOT take Mefenamic acid 500 mg Tablet Sepid Teb Nia ( STN)if you:
· are allergic to mefenamic acid, to any other anti-inflammatory medicines (such as aspirin, ib uprofen, celecoxib), or to any of the other ingredients .
• have, or have ever had, stomach or intestinal conditions such as peptic ulcer, bleeding in the stomach or severe gastritis ihave an in flammatory bowel disease (e.g. ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease)
• have severe heart, liver or kidney problems ih ave just had heart bypass surger
• are more than 6 months pregnant. If any of the above apply to you, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Take special care with Mefenamic acid 500 mg Tablet Sepid Teb Nia ( STN)Before taking the tablets, tell your doctor if you:
· are taking any other NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen, diclofenac)
· are taking any other anti-inflammator medicines including steroids (e.g. prednisolone)
• are taking aspirin or medicines that thin the blood (e.g. warfarin, clopidogrel)
· are taking antidepressants called selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (e.g. paroxetine)
• h ave kidney or liver problems. Your doctor may check your kidney or liver function before and during treatment are elderly
• a re trying to become pregnant
• have stomach or digestive tract problems or fi you ever had an upset stomach after taking pain killers such as aspirin. Bleeding in the stomach or gut can occur in patients taking Mefenamic acid 500 mg Tablet Sepid Teb Nia ( STN)
Dosage and Administration:
Doses Adults and the elderly: the usual dose is 1 tablet three times a day.
Packaging and Storage:
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not take after the expiry date which is
stated on the blister, carton/bottle/container.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that
Store below 30˚C.
Do not throw it away with your household
waste or in water.